- You must be over 18 years of age
- If you rent, we must contact your landlord for approval.
- Come to the shelter and meet with a member of our staff to help you select your next family member.
- You must complete an adoption application which includes: the name of a reference--someone who does not live with you, but knows what a great caregiver you are; the name of recent pets and contact information for your veterinarian--to verify that your animals are up-to-date on vaccinations and care.
- To expedite the adoption process, bring along bring a copy of your records from your veterinarian to provide proof of vaccinations for all your resident animals.
- We recommend that everyone in the family meet your new furry friend. It is important that everyone in the family be happy with your choice.
- If you are adopting a cat, you must bring a carrier to transport the cat home. If you don't have one, you may purchase a cardboard carrier at the shelter for $5.
- If you are adopting a dog, you must bring a collar and leash sized for your new pet. If you don't have one, you may purchase these items at the shelter.
- Home visits required for some animals
- Dog meets are required if you have a dog(s) and are adopting another
We select our adopters by whom we believe is the best home. It is often a very difficult decision if there is more than one application on an animal.
We ask all adopters to give us any information that will assist us in making the best decision for the animal.